Sunday 9 December 2012

TNA Presents Final Resolution 2012 - Predictions




With Final Resolution airing in America tonight, a few of us have got together to give our predictions on what we can see happening during the show again.

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match: Chavo & Hernandez vs. Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan

@George_SLTD :
Everyone who’s listened to SLTD Radio knows that I fudgin’ love Joey Ryan’s work. I’ve been a fan of his for years, so it’s great that he’s got a shot. I actually predicted that Matt Morgan would re-sign with TNA instead of jumping ship to WWE, so it’s great to see the big fella back. The problem with this match is what do Chavo & Hernandez do if they’re not tag champs? That’s the only reason why I’m going against my boy Joey Ryan and predicting a successful defence for Dos Stereotypicos.
Winner:
Dos Stereotypicals


@Mark_TUW :  
There is no reason for Dos Stereotypicos to lose the titles. Morgan and Ryan have only just got together and did I ever mention I HATE JOEY RYAN’S STUPID FACE!?
Winner:
Dos Stereotypicals


@AngelicalDream :
Although I am warming to his character a little…I don’t think that I could cope with Joey Ryan’s extra smug looking face if he were to win. He and Morgan have only just joined forces so I don’t think that they deserve the titles just yet.
Winner:
Chavo and Hernandez


@Sportsmama32 :

Winner:
Chavo and Hernandez



TNA Knockouts Title Match: Tara vs. Mickie James

@George_SLTD :
For a kick-off, I read a tweet the other day satirising Mickie James and her entrance music. It basically said “Mickie’s back in TNA #hardcorechunky”. Bang out of order. If she’s “chunky” then some of the girls I see on a daily basis must be morbidly obese! I could watch these girls wrestle all day. They’re two of the best ever and regardless of who wins, it’ll be a great match. For reasons that I can’t disclose (because Mark HATES spoilers and he’ll kill me!), I’m going with Tara to win.
Winner:
Tara


@Mark_TUW :
Tara hasn’t really done anything with the belt, and she just seems like the perfect transitional champion. James will get the title back and reignite the KO division… Ok maybe not… Mickie James will win the title though.
Winner:
Mickie James


@AngelicalDream :
I’m going with James on this one. She’s just returned to the roster and is going strong at the moment. Plus Tara is all loved up with her toy boy.
Winner:
Mickie James


@Sportsmama32 :

Winner:
Tara



TNA X Division Title Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Kenny King

@George_SLTD :
I used to love the X-Division. Even when Zema Ion (aka Mr Hairspray 2012) was champion, I loved watching the X-Division, but ever since lazy booking put RVD as the champ, I honestly couldn’t care about it. Let’s be clear, RVD is only the champion because TNA have no fudgin’ idea what to do with him. King deserves it, but because there’s hee-haw else for RVD to do, he’ll retain.
Winner:
RVD


@Mark_TUW :
This is the way I want TNA to book the next year. King as X Div champ, Aries as World champ. When we hit Destination X this year, Kenny King will cash in and we see King vs. Aries. I couldn’t care less who wins that match because it will be AWESOME!
Winner:
Kenny King


@AngelicalDream :
Admittedly I’d forgotten who Kenny King was really then after a quick watch of some YouTube videos, it all came flooding back and I could watch his style of wrestling all day long. I’ve got a feeling that RVD will retain, but I think that he is better suited to wrestling with the bigger boys. Kenny King is what the X Div needs.
Winner:
Kenny King


@Sportsmama32 :

Winner:
Kenny King



Bully Ray vs. Austin Aries

@George_SLTD :
Arguably two of the best performers in the industry right now. I love Bully Ray and Austin Aries. Bully’s improvement over the last 12 months makes him a candidate for superstar of the year. Both of these guys deserve PROLONGED main-event singles runs, instead of someone who likes drawing on his face and wears a cross between a WWE Divas and Batman-reject belt, but that’s a story for another time. I’m going with Bully Ray to win, but only to prolong this feud, because if Aries wins, we’ll never find out what the deal is between Bully and Brooke.
Winner:
Bully Ray


@Mark_TUW :
I think we will see a sightly different side to Bully Ray. He will be a face, but with heel tendencies.
Winner:
Bully Ray


@AngelicalDream :
This is a tricky one. He’s been pretty mild mannered of late but I think that we’ll see a bit of the old Bully back for this match; especially as Aries is a wind up merchant.
Winner:
Bully Ray


@Sportsmama32 :
I am loving the piss off Daddy line and AA plays it well.
Winner:
Austin Aries



Aces & 8’s vs. Team Angle (Kurt Angel, Samoa Joe, Garett Bischoff and Wes Brisco)

@George_SLTD :
Normally, I have some big, rambling reason for picking between two teams or wrestlers, but this time, it’s pretty simple. I want Aces & 8s to win, purely because I’d love NOTHING more than to see Garrett Bischoff get wiped out with a sledgehammer. Repeatedly. So much so that I never have to see him again. Bye bye Baby Bischoff. Easiest pick of the night. Aces & 8s ALL DAY LONG.
Winner:
Aces & 8’s


@Mark_TUW :
Who cares? Aces & 8’s are doing a great job. I see no need for the two douche bags (meaning Garett and Wes) to be involved in this match.
Winner:
Aces & 8’s


@AngelicalDream :
When I was sent the card for this PPV by the wonderful George, I looked at this match and got as far as reading Garett and picked Aces & 8’s. I’ve tried to like him but I’m not getting it. There must be something seriously wrong with him somewhere if I’m even warming to Joey Ryan a little.

Who picked this team by the way?
Winner:
Aces & 8’s


@Sportsmama32 :
No Decision, both sides are disqualified and out of control.
Winner:
No Contest



Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles

@George_SLTD :
If I had the chance, I’d pay £15 (or the equivalent price in the US/Canada) just to watch Daniels and AJ wrestle a 3-hour PPV entirely on their own. They’re two of the best wrestlers of their generation. It’s just a shame that, without being disrespectful, the casual wrestling fan won’t be aware of them. This match will steal the show and should probably main-event. I can’t wait to see where they’re going with AJ’s character and to keep the interest building, Daniels HAS to win this match. He’s a GREAT prick heel and has had one of the best years of his career.
Winner:
Daniels


@Mark_TUW :
Kaz will get involved somehow and Daniels will win. I also don’t see this as their last match.
Winner:
Daniels


@AngelicalDream :
I don’t believe that this will be the last match between these two. It can’t be. This is another tricky one. I love them both. Daniels is great whether he’s winning or losing and AJ deserves a win after the crappy stories he’s been involved in lately, *ahem* Claire Lynch *cough cough*.

I’ve just spent five minutes saying both of their names to try and pick a winner but it’s not happening so here goes…eeny, meany, miny, moe…
Winner:
AJ Styles


@Sportsmama32 :
It never stops at just one more match.
Winner:
AJ Styles



TNA World Heavyweight Title Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Roode

@George_SLTD :
I’ve already gone on record as saying why I don’t think Hardy should be champion, but I understand why TNA have done it. Regardless of what happens, I think it’s 90% certain that Hardy won’t re-sign with TNA, so putting the belt on him is/was pointless. When it comes to Bobby Roode, it’s not that I don’t like him, I just don’t think he’s as good as everyone else does. Having said that, he’s impressed me since returning at No Surrender and I’d love to see him win, however, I think TNA will keep the belt on Hardy for a wee while longer.
Winner:
Jeff Hardy


@Mark_TUW :
I love both of these guys. It’s really hard to pick a winner. I have been a massive fan of Hardy for 15 years, and I have just written an article for Tie Up Wrestling about Bobby Roode, which you can read here. I am honestly picking Hardy for his custom title, I want it. TNA if you are reading this, please make a replica!
Winner:
Jeff Hardy


@AngelicalDream :
Hardy doesn’t seem to have had the belt for long enough yet. I mean, a replica hasn’t been made for us to buy, and I know that George can’t wait to get one.
Winner:
Jeffy Hardy


@Sportsmama32 :
TNA have still got to get his name on the bottom line.
Winner:
Jeff Hardy



We would also love to hear what you think will happen during the Pay per View. If you’d like us to publish your predictions simply comment below and we’ll get in touch with you ASAP.

Let’s hope that Final Resolution keeps delivering in the same way the past few PPV’s have.


No comments:

Post a Comment