Sunday 10 June 2012

TNA Slammiversary X - Predictions



Just before I get into my predictions I would like to point out that myself and Greg from SLTD Wrestling have been posting articles on the past Slammiversary events in a countdown to tonight’s show which of course we will see here in the UK on Wednesday 13th 2012.

To have a read over these posts please click this link.

So here are my thoughts on what may or may not happen at Slammiversary X.

We should all know by now, due to the fact it is all over the ImpactWrestling.com website, that the WWE Intercontinental Champion Christian has been granted permission by Vince McMahon to attend Slammiversary. I personally think that he will only be there to catch up with friends and watch the show and will not be involved with anything on air.

Kid Kash vs. Hernandez

Winner: Kid Kash

Where did this match come from? We have barely seen either of these two on TV for a long time. Maybe tonight’s Impact Wrestling will clear things up. I predict that Kid Kash will get the victory; probably by breaking or bending the rules.

Crimson’s Open Challenge


The Internet Wrestling Community is alight with rumours that Christian will accept Crimson’s challenge and think that he will be the one to end his streak. I don’t.

I feel that if Christian were to wrestle in the event then one of the companies would potentially be seen in a bad light. If he were to beat Crimson for example then it could make WWE’s roster look stronger than TNA’s as Crimson says that he has beaten everyone that there is to beat.

On the flipside, I’m not sure that the WWE would appreciate one of their biggest names being defeated by someone who, although he has an impressive winning streak, has never had a singles title.

I would love for this open challenge to be answered by Jeff Jarrett and have Jarrett be the person to end the streak but I also think that this is a long shot. I think that the person who will come out will be someone we haven’t seen for a while and Crimson will keep his streak alive. My top 3 picks are ‘The Pope’ D.Angelo Dinero, Mark Haskins and Alex Silva.

TNA Television Champion Devon and Garett Bischoff vs. Robbie E and Robbie T


Winner: Devon and Garett Bischoff

It’s pretty obvious that TNA are loving Devon right now and he’s mounting an impressive title reign. In recent weeks Robbie E and Robbie T have been having a few issues and I think that their strained friendship will be the undoing of this match.

Garett and Devon will work as a unit as we have seen before when the two Robbie’s intercepted their match on Open Fight Night; and as soon as the two Robbie’s start to bicker they will take full advantage and gain the win in my opinion. Having said that I’m not sure why Garett has been put into this position but the rub from Devon will do nothing but help the rookie.

Samoa Joe vs. TNA X Division Champion Austin Aries – Non title match


Winner: Samoa Joe

This match is one of two contenders for ‘Match of the Night’ in my eyes. Aries and Joe are both incredible talents and I think that they will both want to put the locker room on watch as they bring everything they have to the table. It’s hard to pick a winner for this match but I’ll go with the Samoan Submission Machine.

If Aries were to lose this encounter I don’t feel that it would harm his reign as champ as he has performed some impressive feats such as Brain Bustering Bully Ray recently, whereas a loss for Joe might take him out of the Heavyweight Title picture for a while. Joe really needs to prove himself after losing the TNA Tag Team Titles and being defeated by Kurt Angle so I think that he will go out to prove a point.

Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park Esq


Winner: Joseph Park Esq

Will TNA go down the Kaz, Daniels and Suicide road? Will we see Abyss, Park and Ray all in the ring as the same time? Or will Park take out his false teeth and stick on a mask?

This really is the most interesting match on the card for me and I hope that TNA do not just provide a standard match between these two men, as the amount of different scenarios that could be pulled off here are very high. I am really, REALLY looking forward to what TNA do with this. As for a winner I am rooting for Joseph Park.

Brooke Tessmacher vs. Gail Kim – Knockouts Championship Match


Winner: Gail Kim

We have seen this match several times now and it is getting hard to be excited for it. I see no reason as to why Tessmacher should have the title so I vote for Kim to retain.

Christopher Daniels and Kaz vs. AJ Styles and Kurt Angle – TNA Tag Team Championship Match


Winner: Christopher Daniels and Kazarian

This is the second match which is in contendership for the ‘Match of the Night’. Daniels and Kaz are doing a great job as champions and the story line going in this match is getting very interesting. Will Daniels and Kaz have more dirt on Styles? Will Dixie Carter make an appearance to stop Daniels and Kaz from dishing more dirt and even go as far as to fire them on the spot? Or will we see an outstanding wrestling match between four of TNA’s greatest?

I’m not so sure what will happen but I’m hoping for the latter, and then we all know that the in ring action is going to be fast paced with a lot of moves that will be added to the highlight reel. Daniels and Kaz will probably use some kind of unorthodox method to retain their championships.

Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr Anderson – Number One Contender’s Match


Winner: Mr Anderson

I think we need some different people in the title picture; they have all tried to dethrone Bobby Roode and failed. I do believe that this will be a pretty good match as they are all good wrestlers, but I really do think we need some new talent in the title picture. My vote goes to Mr Anderson, as he has no problems using underhanded tactics to get a win.

Bobby Roode vs. Sting – TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match


Winner: Bobby Roode

Sting has proved that he still has it and can still wrestle with the best; but I don’t think that he needs the title at this time in his life. He is currently the Undertaker figure in TNA where he could wrestle anyone on the roster and win, lose or draw he will still be loved by everyone.

Besides that fact Bobby Roode is a great champion and he is ‘good for business’ as he travels all over to give interviews and media appearances. The only person I see ending Roode’s streak at the moment is James Storm when he finally gets out of his farm.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment